Thursday, November 1, 2012

Avengers! Assemble!

Well, that time of year has come and gone again where we get to dress up, knock on doors, and beg for candy.  I love this season as we now quickly approach Thanksgiving and Christmas, and finally a new year.  Last year, residents of New Hampshire endured an early heavy snow.  Halloween was actually postponed to a later date as we dealt with major power outages, cold weather, and snow.  It was my first snow living in New Hampshire, and other than the power being out, I was very excited......and COLD!  This year, we endured a storm of a different type.  Hurricane Sandy.  For us, we were very fortunate as we did not lose power.  However, many around us did.  And of course, there was much devastation to New York. 

This year, I was smart.  We came up with a plan for the costumes and shopped early.  I was not going to wait until the last week before Halloween and search for 3 costumes.  In the past, when it was just Zander, I always waited until the last minute.   I wish I could be like my mother-in-law and come up with creative costumes and then make them.  But other than sewing a button on, I am useless. 

I also had to shop early and be prepared because my best friend was visiting the week of Halloween and I certainly didn't want to waste our time together searching for costumes.  Her visit will be in a later blog which will hopefully be completed soon. 

Anyway, our boys have been counting down the days until Halloween.  As they are learning to read a calender, this was actually an exciting thing for them and me.  I had dinner ready and the boys hurriedly ate.  We then commenced to the "getting dressed" part.  They were so excited they hardly wanted to cooperate for the pictures. 



They were doing their "muscle" pose.  The Hulk was a little excited!


Our sweet Captain America. 


Ollie had a great time. 

The Happy Hulk.  Who could be scared of him?

We were happy here because the boys were in bed.  Whew.  What a night!
The boys had a wonderful time and were all well behaved.  Zander stayed behind and handed out candy.  We had a large amount of trick-or-treaters this year as we live in a neighborhood with lots of kids.  Will, of course, had to introduce himself to many of the homeowners and shook their hands.  Politician in the making?  Oliver was very good at remembering his manners.  Carter was often times distracted by the lights, witches, and ghosts that decorated many of the yards.  But all in all, we consider Halloween 2012 a success.  We definitely missed our Halloween friends in Florida as we usually met every year together.  But reading their posts on Facebook, it appears that everyone had a great time as well.  We sure do miss you guys, The Franklins, The Rices, The Fogartys, and The Mickles.  Love you and miss you. 

Now, we start dreaming of turkey, sweet potato casserole, and pie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment