Thursday, November 8, 2012

First Snow of 2012


Our front yard
Well, I imagine the first snow of each year is not something most New Englanders celebrate if they have been a New Englander for some time.  But being from Florida, we have a different perspective.  This morning, around 5:45 am, Ollie walks into our room asking if the predicted snow actually fell.  And yes, it did.  We only had about an inch or so of snow, but that is plenty enough to occupy a 3, 4, and 5 year old. 
 
At first, I was dreading getting out all their snow gear and dressing everyone for an inch of snow.  But Beau gently reminded me to "not be one of THOSE moms."  Enough said.  By 7:30 am, each boy was dressed and waiting by the front door to go play in the snow....all one inch of it.  It only took me about 30 minutes to get them all dressed a ready.  That is a record time over last year's 45 minutes.  Remember, I am new at this too. 

But, I must admit, by the time I was out there for a few minutes and I saw their sweet faces, I too began to enjoy it.  There is just something about white covering everything you see and there being a crisp freshness in the air. 

Not much of a snow angel in 1 inch deep snow
Adorable cute
William and Carter playing together
Oliver is trying to decide which brother to "get"
Carter's normal "guilty, but excited" smile

No comments:

Post a Comment