Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Carter finally gets to go to school

For years, Carter has watched his brothers get new back packs, back to school haircuts, new clothes, and school supplies in prepartion for a new school year.  Each time, Carter has very patiently and excitedly shared in these experiences with his brothers hoping that his turn would soon come.  Well, today was the day. 

Carter quickly got dressed, rushed through breakfast, and hurriedly brushed his teeth.  He was excited that today was HIS turn to take a picture in the dining room to represent HIS "first day" of school.  I wished that his first day of school could have happened back when he was 3 years old, but paying for Will and Oliver to be in school was expensive already.  So, Beau and I decided that another year at home could benefit Carter by giving him more time to mature and would also benefit our budget.  I hope we were right.  Only time will tell. 

I pray that Carter has a good day at school and like all mothers, I hope that he shares, obeys, and learns.  Carter is quite a bit bigger and is older than his 3 other classmates, but he is learning to be more calm and more gentle.  Fingers are crossed.   

Have a good day little one.  I'll be thinking of you all morning.  I hope you come home with your  contagious Carter smile!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment